Thursday, August 28, 2008

Butterflies

Camden got this butterfly treehouse for his birthday. We sent in for the caterpillars by mail. Once they came it took about 10 days or so for the caterpillars to turn into butterflies. They say you can keep them in the butterfly treehouse for up to a month. We kept our butterflies for about 3 whole days! I felt bad that the butterflies were living in this small little net house when they could have the beautiful outside to explore. I also was also afraid we would kill the butterflies. You have to feed them things like sliced up oranges or watermelon or fresh cut flowers with sugar water sprinkled on top. That was just to much responsibility! So Camden and I took the butterflies outside and released them into the beautiful world!

Camden held each butterfly (there were 5) before he let them go he said "bye, bye butterfly" and off they would go. He loved watching the butterflies fly away.

It was fun to watch the caterpillars transform into butterflies, but kind of creepy at the same time. I am just not one for insects! Happy flying butterflies!

4 comments:

Debbie Thomas said...

That is so adorable!! You are the cutest little mom in the world. You are so funny, gave me a good laugh this morning. I am still waiting for my morning call with you and the guitar!!! I don't forget those things you know. Wish you were going on this girls trip with us so bad. Won't be the same without you Lis.

Lara B said...

How fun is that! I feel the same way about the whole insect thing. I am really proud of you for even participating :)

Chip and Lisa said...

I my goodness that is too cute!! I love that you spend all this QT with you kids. This is why I love that you blog because I see you almost every day and I never heard you talk about that. I love it!!!

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

that is such a cool idea, i bet he just loved it!!