Thursday, July 30, 2009

We have a new Tradition

I figured since my boys will be playing football for the next several years to come, it was time to make a tradition out of it. So we had our first annual Opfar Football Kick-Off Party. This took place on Sunday the day before for the 09' season.You couldn't come to the party unless you wore a football jersey.
(This picture of me and the boys is a little out of focus, but It's the only one I had. I am trying to have Chris take more pictures of me and the boys. Right now there are few and far between. What a shame. I want my boys to remember me. Heaven forbid anything should ever happen to me!)
A football cake to honor this new tradition.

Everyone picked their choice of food for the menu.
Christian: Pizza
Chandler: Cheddar dogs
Chris: Bratwurst
Camden: Nachos
Mom: Fruit (I figured there should be some sort of nutrition)

After dinner Dad gave the boys a pep talk.
I hope this is another great season!!




4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Chris picked Brats? That's weird. LOL!!

Looks like fun...

Lara B said...

That is such a great tradition- I love it! You are such a cute mom and so creative, you're kids will remember this forever :)

amber said...

What a fun idea Lisa! You are always great at going all out on your parties! Loved Camden's birthday cake and meal. So creative. Fun to see what's going on with you guys. Ryan loved having Christian come swimming with us. Thanks again!

Chip and Lisa said...

It's been so long since Ive looked at your blog... I thought you were on blog vacation! I love that tradition of kicking off the football. You know Im going to steal it now. You are such a cute mom, I just love it! I also loved Camden's birthday party pictures. I am so sad we missed that one, you little Martha you!