Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jackson Hole

We went on our annual Jackson Hole trip to run the Snake River. This is the 7th year in a row. It is something we look forward to every year. This time we got into Jackson Hole a day before we had our campground reserved at Station Creek. We hiked Jenny Lake up to a beautiful waterfall. That night we stayed on some property that Cy's parents own. Hiking Jenny Lake.
Spencer Thomas always finds some sort of reptile where ever he goes. This time was no
different. He found a snake. He let the other boys take turns holding it before he let it go.


I walked around the corner on our hike, to find Christian taking a dip in the lake!


Dave, Chris, Cy & John


Heather, Kelly, me, Debbie & Sue


Kings of the mountain!

After the hike while we were waiting for the rest of the crew, I saw this lit'l
critter. I thought it was so cute standing on it's hind legs. I had to get a picture!

Chandler and Tyson at the Waldron's property. We got there late at night,
so it was dark. When we woke up and looked outside we saw the views.
It was beautiful!
Camden & Reese

Before we headed to our campground at Station Creek, we drove up
to an amazing waterfall just a few minutes from the Waldron's property.
This is where they filmed Legends of the Fall. It was breath taking.
Chandler & Justin

This is our yellow raft. We thought since the Jackson Hole
trip is a tradition we should invest in our own raft. This is the
second year we have had it.
Camden had so much fun on the river trip.
He was not one bit scared.

Chandler is a true river boy! He loves the
river so much. He would rather ride down on
a duckie then in the raft.
Chandler, Daniel and Ben Pack oaring the duckie.
They did a great job and had no fear going through
Kahuna and Lunch Counter.
Christian has come a long way. A couple a years ago he wanted
nothing to do with the river. There was one year he didn't go on the river once.
This year he went on every run but one. He even oared a duckie with Sue Ross. He did such a great job! I am so glad he has conquered his fear.
Christian & Sue


Cy oaring a boat down. Christian is in the back of the boat.
This was a rough ride through Lunch Counter. Christian said he
almost fell out. He didn't fall out, but Cy did!

Chandler and Lisa Packer cliff jumping.
That kid has no fear!

Back at camp making a craft.

This beautiful bald eagle lives in a tree along the Snake River.

Some of the girls.
Kelly, Jill, Heather, me, Debbie & Bonnie

Giving the 4 Real sign!


Some of the guys.
Ben, Rich, Eric, John, Chris & Cy.
We had such a great time. It is always so sad when the trip is over.
Good thing there is always next year! I can't wait!
Thank You Thomas', Packs, Waldrons, Greens, Packers, Dunennebiels, Ross' & Rasmussens
for such a great trip!

6 comments:

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

there you go again!! i swear you guys cant sit still...hahahaah the boys are soooo lucky to have such a funfilled summer, thats awesome!! also if thats you taking all those pictures lisa, you do GREAT!! we still havent ever done a family pic since joseph smith memorial building, we just may have to hire you =)

Lara B said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time. I am so glad! I think that little critter is gross, I hope it didn't get in your trailer :)

Chip and Lisa said...

Such cute pictures and such a fun trip. It was so much fun making all those memories. It was a great way to end our summer and when anyone say's 4 real it will never be the same. Tell Chandler that he is my cliff jumping buddy forever!!!

Debbie Thomas said...

Lisa, I have been dying to comment on your blog and finally I have time. I love all your pics from this trip, it makes me think of that awesome song I heard in your truck from I think it was Travis Tritt. It said over and over again "YOUR GOING TO MISS THIS" I know someday when we are to old to play like when we are nearing 100 years old we are going to look back at these days in our old folks home and really miss it. We know how to party!! Wouldn't that be fun if we all lived at the same assisted living home when we are older. Cards every night, maybe a dice game here and there. Can you imagine having to change Chris's diapers O.M.G that is sick. What if I am like my grandma was in her home!!!! Watch out boys!! Anyway, I love you to death and couldn't ask for better friends. Thanks for coming up and cheering us up tonight. It is always so fun to be with you and your great family.

Debbie Thomas said...

Lisa, I have been dying to comment on your blog and finally I have time. I love all your pics from this trip, it makes me think of that awesome song I heard in your truck from I think it was Travis Tritt. It said over and over again "YOUR GOING TO MISS THIS" I know someday when we are to old to play like when we are nearing 100 years old we are going to look back at these days in our old folks home and really miss it. We know how to party!! Wouldn't that be fun if we all lived at the same assisted living home when we are older. Cards every night, maybe a dice game here and there. Can you imagine having to change Chris's diapers O.M.G that is sick. What if I am like my grandma was in her home!!!! Watch out boys!! Anyway, I love you to death and couldn't ask for better friends. Thanks for coming up and cheering us up tonight. It is always so fun to be with you and your great family.

Bonnie said...

That was such a fun trip! It was fun being with you guys. We always love when you and Chris are around.